Saturday, November 7, 2009

Monday and Tuesday in Guangzhou

I'm bummed - I just wrote lots of details on the past two days and the message didn't get posted.

So let me make this one quick - We're done!! Dani's visa will be ready to be picked up tomorrow. On Monday Simon brought our paperwork and Dani's passport to the US Consulate. Today we went to the Consulate and took an oath that everything we said in our visa application for her was the truth. Woo hoo! It was an emotional moment as about 30 or so families participated with us in this last step to bringing our little ones home.

It's Tuesday night and Dani is outlasting Elliot and me - we're tired and ready for bed. She's pretending she's shopping with a bag, and whatever she can get her hot little hands on in our room.

Her walking gets better every day. Daddy just counted 23 steps in a row without a stumble.

Mommy has about one more hour's worth of shopping then I want to go home! Tomorrow is our last day here - we're headed to the zoo I think.

Tonight we went on a dinner cruise and saw the beautifully lit skyline of Guangzhou along the Pearl River.

Will try one more time to post!

No comments:

Post a Comment