Sunday, October 25, 2009

Recapping October 25

Thought I should update you before the excitement of the day begins. Yesterday (Sunday) we checked out of the beautiful Beijing hotel and started another exhausting day of sightseeing. We started at the Forbidden City, then on to Tienanmen Square. We had dim sum for lunch - Elliot got adventurous and tried the chicken's feet. I passed.

After lunch we went to the Heavenly Temple (or Temple of Heaven) I believe I've seen it both ways. It was a nice day weather-wise and we enjoyed learning a little more about Beijing attractions, but honestly...we were both just ready to move on to what we came here for.

After a long wait in the airport (we arrived a little earlier than we needed to since we were all done with sightseeing) we headed to Taiyuan. We got here about 10 pm last night.

Hotel is, well, let's say, less than ideal. It's probably the best one in the city. I am assuming I won't notice the stains on the carpet and the stale, awful air of this city once we have our baby in our arms. And seeing the crib waiting for us certainly brightened up the room. We will very much appreciate the 5 star accommodations in Guanghzou when we get there this weekend!

Well, we're getting ready to go with Laurie and Paul when they get Ella at 9 am. Since our little one is traveling from farther away in the province, we will get her later today at 3 pm.

Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment