Saturday, October 3, 2009

Here we go!

SmileyCentral.comHeather, our adoption coordinator, called August 6, 2009 a little before 3 pm. I knew she might call because when I snuck a peek at my Yahoo mail during lunch, I saw that new Waiting Child (special needs) lists had come out and our agency had received some especially designated for their families. So I wasn't too surprised when the Philadelphia area code popped up on my caller ID at work!

Indeed Heather had a little girl to tell us about, and five minutes later she emailed me the files - in English and in Chinese. She told me I may want to look at the English version first since the Chinese version had the photos and the translation said she was "very adorable."

Born on January 10, 2008, and named Dang Yun Hong, this little girl is VERY adorable. The photos and medical records were from late February/early March - we were told that's pretty recent by China's Adoption Affairs office's standards.

I immediately fell in love, and couldn't reach Elliot for an hour and 15 minutes! An hour and 15! Boy, did he hear about that later....

Long story short, after a few consultations, we decided this is our little girl. We proceeded with the paperwork to indicate our intention and requested more updated information. The new photos showed she grew more adorable 5 months later!

We received our preliminary approval and then our confirmation, and just a few days ago received our Travel Approval, the final step necessary for our agency to make our travel plans. By the end of this week we should know our exact travel dates!

2 comments:

  1. Lynda and Elliot,

    What a great and generous idea to share your joy and experience with everyone. We'll be watching the Web site every day for news of your journey. We're so thrilled.

    As for the question about colleges, we're wondering if Dani will root for Binghamton, Muhlenberg or Xavier. Good choices all!

    We're sending good thoughts and prayers your way.

    Larry, Bonnie and Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda and Elliot,
    So happy to hear the great news! What a great way to keep us informed. I will be stalking the site for updates. Best of luck Mommy and Daddy!!!

    Sue Schartel, Muhlenberg College

    ReplyDelete